Today Brock had to go to St. Louis Childrens Hospital for his abdominal hernia repair, to get his testicle dropped and circumcised(they didn't do it in the NICU)!! It was quite a big day. Thank you everyone who prayed for Brock - his surgery went great. The hardest part was him not being able to nurse from 1130pm the previous night. So, I woke him up and he went back to sleep after he ate, then he was up alot....Tim had to take him and he fell asleep on him. We left the house at 6am and were back around 3pm. The doctors and nurses were great - not that I would ever want him to go through that again, but it was the best experience it could have been. I was actually suprised I didn't even shed a tear, God definitely granted me with alot of peace and I knew Brock needed it done, and it was good we were getting it done while he is still a baby. He is going to be one tough kid with all he has gone through! After he came back from surgery, it was about 2 hours, he nursed right away then was really sleepy. He has been sleepy all day today, but towards the evening he was smiling and playing again. The fussy times is when we have to change the diaper....So each day should get better and it is all over! I had to snap one picture before he left for surgery, he looked really cute in the gown - They actually had to go get a toddler gown, the infant one they had for him was way too small, he weighed in today at 26lbs!
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Glad to hear baby Brock was okay and you were too. 26 pounds my goodness you must be tired.
Hey guys-- glad to hear everything went well! We were thinking of you all! Tell Beau to watch out-- Brock's going to be one tough lil' brother! :)
Post a Comment