This past week Tim was out of town, for the World of Concrete in Las Vegas - a trip we usually take with him, but since Brynn was only 6wks, we opted to stay home, I was bummed, but with all the crazy sickness out there, I felt that was the best decesion for her! So one of the days he was gone, we stayed in our PJs all day(well truthfully we were in our PJs alot!) And we made playdoh playdoh playdoh! I sacrificed a clean kitchen, it was REALLY messy - but OH SO worth it, here are the boys at work in the kitchen, hopefully their intrest remains in the kitchen for helping their future wives! ha.

Here is Beau, stirring up the first batch, Brock was still napping.....

Brock got up - don't you just love his expression, it was like 530, this kid is a snoozer! He takes a while to wake up, and his hair as you can see in the following pics, is a riot!

So we have the water, and Brock is adding the salt!

Beau is adding the vegetable oil.....

And here is Brock with the cream of tarter.....he is starting to wake up!

So this batch will be blue! Check out the side profile of Brock's hair! WOW. Maybe I should have wet it down, oh well......

Oh, Brock wanted to put in MORE blue food coloring.....the whole bottle actually, Kids are expensive!

Now for the flour, thisis when it gets messy....esp. when you have a 2 year old in charge!

Stir Stir Stir!

And more stirring....mess, mess, mess...

Now for molding it together! It is REALLY blue!

Now for playing wth it! Fun times, messy, but well worth it :) And seriously I used to be an anti-playdoh kind of mom! But this homeade stuff is SOOOO much better than the store bought stuff.....here is the recipie I used!
1 Cup Water
1/2 Cup Salt
1 T vegetable Oil
1 T cream of tarter
Heat on stove until warm( I didn't bring to boil )
Add 1 Cup Flour, Mix in the pan, then move to bowl to mold together, add more flour if needed to make firm! Store in Airtight container for up to 6 mos. If you omit the cream of tarter, it won't last as long.....Have fun!
0 comments:
Post a Comment